Kansas City Area Small Business Lawyer
Kansas and Missouri Small Business Attorney
If you own or operate a small business and have never had an attorney, you may ask yourself why you need one, especially if your accountant and others have been telling you that one is needed.
The truth is attorneys help small businesses in the same way that legal departments are used in larger corporations; both help keep the business out of legal trouble. It is generally not cost-effective or necessary for a small business to have an in-house attorney like large corporations do, so they use a private outside attorney.
At the Law Office of Rod K. Murrow, P.A., we provide a variety of legal services for a small businesses. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation at our Lenexa office to discuss your needs and how we can help you.
Rod Murrow is a full service small business law attorney, offering the following assistance for your small business:
- Selection and maintenance of a business entity (corporation, LLC, etc.) as well as helping to draft a business plan and operating agreement
- Contract drafting or review, including non-compete agreements, vendor contracts, leases, purchase agreements, separation agreements or other types of contracts
- Commercial or business litigation, whether the business is a plaintiff or a defendant in the lawsuit
- Representing business clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation or arbitration
- Providing answers to general legal questions in order to avoid costly litigation
- Assisting with local code compliance, business license or other issues between the business and the city, county, state or other governmental regulatory body
- Notifying the business of changes in the law that affect the business, which the business might otherwise not know
- Collections, including mechanics liens and construction law issues
- Insurance issues
Our firm also can help you with any employment law matters that arise during the operation of your business, such as:
- Wage and hour compliance issues, including ensuring the correct classification as exempt or nonexempt (sometimes called hourly or salaried) status of employees
- Human resources or personnel issues, including discrimination and sexual harassment investigations, assisting with drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and policies for legal compliance and pre-termination reviews before discharging an employee to make sure that no laws are being violated in the termination
- Representing you in an employment mediation
- Providing training to management on legal issues, including employment laws and how to comply with them, sexual harassment and discrimination based on race, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or other protected class
We are also well versed in helping non-profits with these kinds of issues and services. Our attorney's goal is to make sure that your business is protected in order to prevent costly litigation from occurring and if litigation can't be avoided, to aggressively pursue it to a successful outcome.
It usually costs a lot less to prevent a legal problem than it does to fix one after it occurs. Just like large corporations consult with their legal departments to prevent or avoid legal problems, so should small businesses with their private small business attorneys. Contact us today to arrange a complimentary consultation if you need assistance with any of these matters.
High Quality • High Standards • Highly Effective
When you need a professional who goes the distance:
The Law Office of Rodney K. Murrow, P.A.
8841 Long Street
Lenexa, Kansas 66215
• Phone: 913-492-6200 • E-Mail • Fax: 913-227-0149
A fatal car accident lawyer & business dispute attorney serving Kansas City, and the surrounding areas of Kansas and Missouri, including but not limited to, Topeka, Lawrence, Independence, Olathe, Overland Park, Liberty, Lee's Summit, Ottawa, Mound City, Bonner Springs, Atchison, Paola, Emporia, Jefferson City, Salina, Eudora, Columbia, Springfield, Blue Springs, Concordia, Harrisonville, in KS and MO, as well as Wyandotte County, Leavenworth County, Johnson County, Douglas County, Jackson County, Clay County, Franklin County, Miami County, Linn County, Shawnee County, Cass County, Lyon County and Platte County.